Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thoughts...

What do I think about programming in general? 

What do I think about music?

Did you know that computers and music are both binary languages?  Very interesting that.  I think there is something very revealing in that fact.  Despite the fact that many people have found my two career paths as oppositional I have always seen them as extremely compatible.

Music
I'm listening to The Eagles "Waiting in the Weeds" from their latest double album effort.  It is a good song.  One of the best on the two disc set.  The set was a little disappointing honestly.

There are many songs that were written by others.  With so much writing talent within the band, I found it surprising that it would be necessary to go outside of the group for material.

"Frail Grasp on the Big Picture" is a great song.  Classic Henley.  Political gold.
"And we pray to our lord, who we know is American"  Great stuff.

I've been getting into a lot of female artists lately.  It started with me going back and picking up Alanis Morrisette's "Under Rug Swept" which I wanted to get when it was released but for some reason I never got around to it.  I loved it so I bought the other stuff that I was missing. 



Politics
Still waiting to see what Hillary is going to do.  She will definitely stick around for West Virginia, maybe then she will get the hell out.  We shall see.

Just heard the term "Islamofascist" from Bill O's lips.  God I hate that term.  It is just meaningless to me.  Completely contrived.  Check out the Wikipedia entry for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamofascism

I think you will agree with me on the misuse of the term fascist to describe these radicals.





No comments: